- Heart disease
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pancreatic cancer
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Premature birth,(bacteria could pass from mother to fetus).
- Low birth weight (PLBW) babies.
It’s never too late to start to take care of your teeth and gums. With proper care, your teeth and gums can stay healthy throughout your life.
If you like to reduce visiting your dentist do the followings:
1) Brush twice a day.
2) Floss at least once a day regularly.
3) See your dentist every six months for dental hygiene and check up.
4) Eat mouth-healthy food. Avoid sugary, starchy food, coffee and alcoholic drinks. These create a favorable environment for oral bacterial growth. They also have a drying effect, which reduces saliva flow and allows foul-smelling bacteria to linger longer.
5) If you have to eat sugary food, coffee, starchy food, and alcoholic drinks make sure to rinse your mouth with a mouth wash within few minutes . Starches are simple carbohydrates and can linger in your mouth and then break down into simple sugars. Bacteria feed on sugars and produce acid, which damage tooth enamel and cause tooth decay.
- Brush twice a day
- Floss at least once a day.
- Eat mouth healthy food
- Visiting the dentist/dental hygienist at least every six months
- Rinse,within few minutes, with a mouth wash after eating sugary food, coffee, starchy food, alcoholic drinks.
In dentistry experience and Continuing Education are everything. Dr. Parvin Carter has over 30 years of experience in Practicing General Dentistry and 25 years in Orthodontics. She has thousands of hours of advanced training. In 2000, Academy of General Dentistry awarded Dr. Carter a Certificate of Mastership (MAGD) in General Dentistry. According to the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry, only 1% of US dentists achieve this high level of advancement. Dr. Carter is a Certified and Preferred Provider of Invisalign. She has successfully treated over 380 patients with Invisalign.
Did you enjoy this blog? if yes would you send it to a friend please?